Sunday, September 11, 2011

Jajangmyeon The First Taste

Jajangmyeon - before the big mix
Jajangmyeon - Mix it well before eating
Went to Sunway Pyramid 'The Street Cafe' yesterday to taste our first Jajangmyeon. My little sister keep on asking when to go eat Jajangmyeon since the very first day The Street Cafe officially introduced their new menu. Since I'm working and away from home during the weekdays, so I can only bring her during the weekends and yesterday was the only day she will be around (she's going back to her campus in UTM Johor today). My crazy best friend, Ninie also tagged along since she wants to taste Jajangmyeon too. It was lunch time when we stepped in the cafe and it was not as crowded as I imagined it would be. But the moment we sat, people keep coming in. We straight away ordered Jajangmyeon, and I ordered Kimbap and Ninie ordered BBQ chicken stick (I think this is the name) as side dish. I love the their Kimbap because it's just taste so niiiiicccceeee!!! hehehe.. 

Kimbap - recommeded
Well, my comment for my first taste of Jajangmyeon is delicious!! I love the taste of the different kind of black bean paste (kicap) compared to what we usually eat here. I think the noodle is a bit different from the original Jajangmyeon I see in korean dramas. Well, we Malaysians love spicy food (I love spicy food but I can't eat spicy food..cannot 'tahan' the hotness lahh). They provide chili flake for the taste of spiciness in our Jajangmyeon. They also provide kimchi (as it is compulsory for Koreans to have kimchi as their side dish). Uuuu.. did I tell you that Street Cafe's kimchi is nice?? The sourness, the sweetness are mixed nicely.

My little sister
My crazy best friend, Ninie
What I didn't favor for their Jajangmyeon is why would they put corn in the noodle? I personally don't like corn in food. I like to eat corn itself (like the corn in cup). It gives a different taste of the dish. But overall the taste is nice (without eating the corn). From 5 points, I give them 4.5. Not only they made it tasty, but they manage to make and improvise the original recipe to make the food Halal for us Muslims to taste their food. Thumbs up for The Street Cafe!!!

Well, different people different taste they like right? So, head down to the nearest Street Cafe and taste it yourself. I might say it's nice, but you probably taste it differently. Hehehe.. That made me think a while, I have never tried Street Cafe in SS15 Subang Jaya. Maybe after this will try there.

Okay, till then ~

Anyeong yeorobun ~

**Word of the day :: Bogoshipeo (add 'yo' for formal) = I miss you

9 comments:

  1. next time ..when we meet, you can bring me there...never taste any Korean food yet.. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. yahhh!!!i'm the crazy of your best friend??aniyo...it should be the "kwiyoun" sweetest friend. ngeh3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear ;)

      Yes this is a Halal Korean Restaurant in Klang Valley.

      Delete
  4. Hi, they have jajangmyeon on weekdays only or both weekdays and weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Is this The Street Cafe in Sunway Pyramid?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Is this The Street Cafe in Sunway Pyramid?

    ReplyDelete