Monday, April 9, 2012

What inspires you about Korea

Republic of Korea or Daehanminguk (대한민국) is the one place every Korean addict desires to visit. Since the birth of Hallyu Wave back during Winter Sonata, Korea has put their raking to a higher position and well known to eyes of the world. I am one of those Korean addicts that crave a lot to step foot on the Land of where the wave begun. Winter Sonata marks the beginning of the Hallyu wave and in the drama, they shoot at various beautiful locations and one of the famous venue is Nami Island or Namiseom (남이섬). Through the drama we can see that Korea is beautiful and has gorgeous scenery that makes every viewers dreams to visit there someday. And after Winter Sonata, Autumn in My Heart (Gorgeous WonBin), then  comes KPop Wave with DBSK, Big Bang, Super Junior. By then, Korea has millions or probably billions of fans from all around the globe. Korea is now well-known by the whole world.

I had the chance to visit Korea last month and it was superbly amazing and awesome!! 7 days in Korea is not enough for me. I'm craving for more of Korea. Through this I have made plans to migrate to Korea because of my love to the country. Even though I visit only Seoul but I think I didn't get the chance to tour the whole Seoul. So many places to go, so many things to do and so many places to visit. What made me fall in love with Korea until I decided to migrate? Well, the people of course, the surroundings and the food!! I love to EAT!!! I am a Muslim and some food we cannot eat but I didn't find it difficult to find eatable food there. All the restaurants there knows and aware on Muslim sensitivities. We just mentioned to them that we're Muslim, they will know. I am really flattered towards this. And definitely, the Koreans usually eat healthy food such as veggies, stew, steamed and there's definitely no problem to us. My first meal in Korea was Soft Tofu Stew or Soondubu jigae (순두부찌개), Mixed Rice or Bibimbap (비빔밥), Kimchi Fried Rice, Onion Pancake, Barley Bibimbap, Omeletrice, Fish cutlet and Seafood Stew. There were also some snacks we tried while strolling here and there in the city. Some snacks we tried were Spicy Rice Cake or Ddeokbokki (떡벅기), Strawberry (it was its season), Bungeoppang (분겁방), Tall ice-cream, Churos (sweet crunchy pastry), Grilled Squid, Family Mart Buns, Waffles, Muffins, Coffees, Hot Chocolates (since it was so cold), Milk, Milkis and Ramyeon (instant noodles). Woowww...to name all of the food and snacks makes me drooling already. Next time I'm in Korea, the theme of the trip would be "Food Hunting". What I like about having meals in Korea is that they will give you a lot of side dishes and my new all time favourite side dish (besides kimchi) is the radish. It's sour and sweet at the same time and compliments other dishes.

What makes Korea a must place to visit is because of the Korean actor/ress and Korean KPop idols. I think most of us (including me), the purpose of coming to Korea is because of 2PM, Big Bang, Hyun Bin, Kim Hyun Joong, Jang Keun Suk, Rain, Running Man, Lee Min Ho, Miss A, Girls Generation and many other idols. They are the reason people from all over the world come to Korea not only to have the chance to meet their Korean idols but also learn, see and experience themselves how to be a true Korean, live like a Korean and mingle with the Koreans. We want to eat what they like to eat. We want to shop where they like to shop. We want to talk like they usually talk. We want to hang out where they like to hang out. In short, we want to be like them (but not a stalker..hehehe). We want to learn about their culture, their language so that we can never have any barriers between us and our favourite Korean idols. The Hallyu Stars has become the role models of Koreans in everyone's eyes. They are the reason we all want to visit Korea.

Because of the Hallyu stars, we want to learn everything that is to know about Korea. Korean history, Korean culture, Korean food and everything Korean. So if you happen to be in Korea, it is very disappointing to hear you didn't visit the historical museum, historical palace in Korea. What fascinate me is the Gyeongbukgung Palace (one of the famous palace in Korea) because it is very huuugggeee!!! They have layers after layers after layers of houses until you don't know which is which anymore. And the stories hidden while building the palace is so fascinating too (I watched 2Days 1Night history special). And also you can meet the famous King Sejong at Gwanghwamun Square, opposite Gyeongbukgung Palace. After learning the history of Korea, you can experience how to make kimchi at Korea House. You can try out Hanbok (Korean traditional costume) and get the feeling of being a Korean. The Korea War of Memorial is also another must-go place when you visit Korea. This place displays all kind of Memorials, Statues, Airplanes, Jets, Tanks that they used back then during World War. You can learn the history of the beginning of communist era in Korea, discover the old Korea and you can get to know the people behind the war too. What impress me again here is that, you can find all these history and traditional culture in the heart of the city itself. With all the busy and hectic city, they still maintain and take care of their ancestors heritage up until today. There are also other beautiful historical sites and places you can go and learn about Korean History and cultures.

The people in Korea are superbly friendly and kind. You don't have to worry if you don't know how to speak Korean. Most of the city people they know how to speak in English. There's this one guy I asked about the direction but he only knows a little bit of English. He took out his mobile phone and start typing something and then he shows it to me. Turns out he was translating it in English so that I understand better. Oh my God, I was so touched at that moment. His effort to help us is really meaningful to us. Luckily his girlfriend was beside him. If not I would probably had kissed him showing my gratitude. Hehehe. We met new friends all the way, we discover new things, experience new culture and seeing the other side of the world.

So, if you ask me what inspires me about Korea, I will answer only one thing....EVERYTHING. Not only because of the Hallyu stars, but because of them we want to learn more about Korea and the deeper we learn about Korea, the deeper we will keep falling in love with Korea. Again and again. It's like falling in love with the same person over and over again.

There's only one reason why I should be the one selected to join the Touch Korea Tour. My PASSION towards the land of KOREA. Not only the people of Korea are nice and awesome, not only the country of Korea is beautiful and wonderful, it is because Korea has been a part of me, living inside me since the day Winter Sonata came to Malaysia back in 2002, when I was just 17 years old, and that was 10 years ago. I don't think I want to take it out off me. I love this feeling of being quarter Korean, quarter Chinese and another quarter of Malay =D

Okay, till next post ~

Anyeong ~

20 comments:

  1. why chose pink font? @_@ what happen to ur fav purple? :p i noticed uve been passionate about korea since past few years.finally! u managed to visit ur dream city of seoul.may u win the contest.gud luk :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink's my fav color =) yup i do am passionate about Korea =) and i want to go to Seoul again and again and again!!!

      Delete
  2. 안녕 SheDaly-sshi :D Thanks for sharing this awesome story about Korea!! Hope that I can go to Korea with you someday ㅋㅋㅋ Fighting ~~ ^^

    -Much of love, admin D from RunningManMsia <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neomu neomu kamsahamnida!!!!terharunye admin RM Malaysia comment =D ne,fighting!!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh and goodluck to win the contest~ :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unnie! Good luck! Hope I can go to Korea together with you someday.. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KOmawo dongsaeng ahh~~

      yup2 hope we can go Korea together someday with our kpop geng!!!

      Delete
  5. yeaayyy...she-roro, hwaiting!!!. Good luck dear..i hope you win the contest and we will definitely fly again to Korea for 'Food Hunting'. I missed our daily life in Seoul..puahaha.

    *hey,i cant write my name in here..keke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. komawo chingu ahh ~~

      neomu kamdong-iya (sangat terharu....)

      yes2 we will have our real daily life in Seoul later ya ~~ tak saba =D

      *even if u don't write your name, i know who u are lahh..only u call me she-roro..hehehehe...

      saranghae chingu ahh~~

      Delete
    2. ne, cheonmaneyo..saranghae she-roro

      Delete
  6. why don't you consider moving to Korea for work or study? since you enjoy being there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. am considering on migrating there..maybe working there..study??lazy to study some more..hehehe..

      Delete
    2. lol, there's no end to study! you can always go there to 'study' the Korean guys *wink* ~call it stalkology
      I thought you are working in education right

      Delete
    3. hahaha!! stalkology..i loike!!! if only there is such courses..hehehe..

      there's no harm on working in different field there right??kekekeke

      Delete
    4. yup no harm! so a career switch for you to modelling or singing or (since you like stalkology) masseur??

      Delete
    5. hahahhaah I WISH!!!!

      but have to face the truth that i can't sing and model..ekekeke..

      Delete
  7. Wow! This post have been written so well.
    I enjoy reading it and hope you will be the lucky winner so I can read another interesting post again about Korea.

    All the best! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kamsahamnida eonni yah~~

      insyaAllah I will post another entry about Korea =)

      thank u for your endless support!!!

      Delete